[asterisk-users] Asterisk On Public IP

Sanjoy Rath sanjoy_rath at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 23:36:39 CDT 2008

I have installed Asterisk. I want friends to connect to my asterisk server from their SIP Phones are talk to me. I have tried two ways 1.) Have the Asterisk server run within the firewall, opened all the ports for that server in firewall port forwarding, does not work (One way audio issue). I have heard many thing about NAT issue etc. I have taken care of all the issues as suggested, never worked for me.

Then I connected the linux server (asterisk server) directly to the internet (no firewall in between). The SIP phones would not connect to the server. It give 408 error.

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Thanks,
SR.