[asterisk-users] Asterisk can handle only 200 to 300 SIP device registrations

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Jun 8 16:56:21 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Gavin Henry <gavin.henry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is this still the cause in 1.4 and 1.6 as per:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+and+OpenSER+integration.
>
> Do people recommend OpenSER in front for deployments bigger than 300 end points?

I have heard that FreeSwitch is better at handling higher volumes of
SIP.  Haven't tried it myself.

OpenSER is what I have used, but I will be evaluating FreeSwitch very
carefully (OpenSER is a little difficult to get configured), even if
it just a man in the middle to Asterisk.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro