[asterisk-users] Diverted Call Information on PRI

Mike Hardman mike.hardman.work at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:10:16 CDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have an asterisk installation nicely working, I'm running 1.4; I'm hooked
up to a BT Pri and an old Panasonic PBX using a RedFone foneBridge,
everything is sweet. I have voicemail sorted for all internal users; the
call gets routed to a SipX box and then into a Microsoft UM Server which
gives us fully unified voicemail, fax and e-mail... Now onto the fun part.

I currently have my mobile phones call diversion set up to route calls
through to one of the spare DDI's we have in our block instead of my service
providers voicemail; so when a call rings out on my mobile, my DDI or my
internal number; they hit the same mailbox... Now I'd obviously like to
offer this functionality to some of my users, however I dont want to have to
dedicate a DDI to each mailbox. Is there any way I can tell if a call is a
diversion from an external phone if it comes in on our PRI? If so, is there
also any way I can find out what number the call was diverted from? I've
done some logging with PRI intense debug; and I cant seem to see anything
about it being a divert; but I could be missing something.

If only the first part can be achieved then I'll just divert anyones mobiles
calls to their own DDI and then in the dialplan for their DDI's I can check
if it's a diversion and direct the call to the appropriate mailbox. Ideally
though I'd like to have a dedicated mailbox number that does this checking,
but that would obviously require data regarding which mobile phone the call
was originally intended for...

Is this a pure pipe dream? does PRI carry call diversion information?

Thanks

Mike