[asterisk-users] bad call quality

Edrich de Lange edd at cybertek.co.za
Fri Jun 6 08:34:00 CDT 2008

Hello

Im at a complete loss. I run a couple of asterisk servers all connecting
to international sip providers.
All three servers are on the same type of internet connection
(Martis/Diginet).
There isnt a shortage of bandwidth, and its not a codec issue, as ive
tried swapping codecs.
If its not a line issue, because if i route the calls via sip via
another server(which i own)(in same country) and then break out from
there i get good quality, but im paying for triple bandwidth then, and
bandwidth in south Africa is hellishly expensive.
The Physical hardware is not overloaded either.
I have tried rebooting my equipment, and that changed nothing either.
 if i do a ping flood i get decent results(well, only about 10ms more
than another perfectly working branch)

What else could this Be?
Im completely Dumbstruck.

Regards