[asterisk-users] Lumenvox - Gentoo

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:10:49 CDT 2008

Solved -

I thought I would follow up in case anyone else on the list is using
gentoo.  Got some guidance from the gentoo forum.  There is a difference in
this function between 1.33 and 1.34  (1.34 is current in gentoo portage)

1.33:
    BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DECL bool no_check( const std::string & name );   //
always returns true

1.34:
    inline bool no_check( const std::string & ) { return true; }

As a quick test, I just built 1.33.1 from source and it works.  Eventually I
will try emerge =boost-1.33.1 so I can stick with portage.  If anyone is on
gentoo currently, be careful about upgrading boost.

Thanks for the reply.

-Kris

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:20 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Make sure you enable all the USE flags, and then perhaps try
> emerge boost
> again
>
> I've had times where leaving out a badly named USE flag meant that
> critical things didn't end up getting built. A particularly egregious
> "must enable all USE flags" case is if you try
> emerge ejabberd
>
> Without all the USE flags, especially mod_irc (WTF!) you end up with a
> useless daemon. Why would you let anybody emerge a chat daemon with no
> support for chat?
>
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Kris Edwards <krisedwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is anyone running Lumenvox on Gentoo?  My asterisk install has been
> running
> > like a champ for a few years now and I really hate the thoughts of
> changing
> > distros just for Lumenvox.
> >
> > Here is my issue:
> >
> > The engine needs the libs from boost.  I emerged boost and noticed that
> > there were four libs that the engine were looking for that were not
> > installed via portage.
> >
> > libboost_regex.so.2
> > libboost_thread.so.2
> > libboost_filesystem.so.2
> > libboost_date_time.so.2
> >
> > Instead, I had the above libs without the .2 at the end.  I created
> symlinks
> > in the engines lib folder.
> >
> > Now, when I try to execute the bin I get:
> >

> > ./LVSRE_SERVER: symbol lookup error:
> > /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechserver.so: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN5boost10filesystem8no_checkERKSs
> >
> > I am using the redhat package.  I haven't tried rpath or debian yet
> (which
> > I'm about to do now).  Just thought maybe someone might have a thought on
> > what I should try.
> >
> > FYI:  I also tried un-emerging boost and building directly from the
> official
> > release (1.35 I belive).  Perhaps there is a ./configure option I need to
> > get this to work right.  I have little experience with redhat and 0
> > experience with rpath or debian.  I simply used rpm2tar and moved things
> > appropriately.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Kris

Kris Edwards
Operations Manager
Impact Radio Group
5660 Franklin Rd. Ste 200
Nampa, ID 83687
(208) 465.9966
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Impact Radio Group.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you
must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone.

error.