[asterisk-users] Lumenvox - Gentoo

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:34:15 CDT 2008

Is anyone running Lumenvox on Gentoo?  My asterisk install has been running
like a champ for a few years now and I really hate the thoughts of changing
distros just for Lumenvox.

Here is my issue:

The engine needs the libs from boost.  I emerged boost and noticed that
there were four libs that the engine were looking for that were not
installed via portage.

libboost_regex.so.2
libboost_thread.so.2
libboost_filesystem.so.2
libboost_date_time.so.2

Instead, I had the above libs without the .2 at the end.  I created symlinks
in the engines lib folder.

Now, when I try to execute the bin I get:

./LVSRE_SERVER: symbol lookup error:
/opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechserver.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN5boost10filesystem8no_checkERKSs

I am using the redhat package.  I haven't tried rpath or debian yet (which
I'm about to do now).  Just thought maybe someone might have a thought on
what I should try.

FYI:  I also tried un-emerging boost and building directly from the official
release (1.35 I belive).  Perhaps there is a ./configure option I need to
get this to work right.  I have little experience with redhat and 0
experience with rpath or debian.  I simply used rpm2tar and moved things
appropriately.

Thanks!

-Kris