[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 vs 1.4?

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Wed Jun 4 13:34:58 CDT 2008

Matt Watson wrote:
> Have you tuned rxgain & txgain in Zapata.conf?  <shameless-self-plug> http://www.mattgwatson.ca/2008/05/howto-tune-zaptel-dahdi-fxo-interfaces-on-asterisk-pbx/ </plug>
>
> Also, have you used fxotune to tune each FXO interface?
>
> I believe echo cancellation happens at the Zaptel / DAHDI level, so using Asterisk 1.6 probably isn't going to give you any benefit.
>

> --
> Matt Watson
> http://www.mattgwatson.ca

FXOTune is apparently not compatible with the R4FXO cards.  Here is the
output:

fxotune -i
Tuning module /dev/zap/1
Unable to set impedance on fd 4
Failure!
Tuning module /dev/zap/2
Unable to set impedance on fd 4
Failure!
/dev/zap/3 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/4 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/5 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/6 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/7 absent: No such file or directory
.
. {multiple lines of same basic message edited out}
.
/dev/zap/246 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/247 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/248 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/249 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/250 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/251 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/252 absent: No such file or directory
Unable to tune 2 devices, even though those devices are present

Thanks,
Brent