[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 vs 1.4?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 4 12:00:01 CDT 2008

Brent Davidson wrote:
> We're currently using Asterisk 1.4.19, Zaptel 1.4.10,
> Oslec SVN,  Rhino R4FXO-EC cards, and Snom 300 Phones.

Why on earth are you running two layers of echo cancellation - hardware
and software?  To be honest, I think this is asking for trouble - I've
seen two occasions where having Oslec and hardware echo cancellation has
caused significant problems with audio quality - the usual symptoms are
gaps in the conversation as the hardware cancellation eliminates the
majority of the echo and the software cancellation subsequently
eliminates parts of the conversation.