[asterisk-users] handling jabber status

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:36:22 CDT 2008

Hi Matt,

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Matthew Gibson <mattgibson.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested to know more about the status abilities as well, we've
> tried to test jabberstatus application, but it doesn't seem to function as
> we expect, it should be returning 0,1,2,3,4,5 based on users current status,
> but switching to away doesn't seem to change it from 0 to 2 .. .
>
> this could be an interesting thread :)

JabberStatus is supposed to retrieve the XMPP status of a buddy, and
store it in a diaplan variable. I just tested it on my Asterisk (1.6)
server.

Here is an example of how to use it :

1234 => {
          JabberStatus(asterisk-gmail,buddy at gmail.com,STATUS);
          if (${STATUS}=1) {
                    NoOp(User is online and active, ring his Gtalk client.);
                    Dial(Gtalk/asterisk-gmail/buddy at gmail.com);
          } else {
                    NoOp(Prefer the SIP phone);
                    Dial(SIP/1234);
          }
}

Matt, if you're experiencing some problems with this application, for
example on a 1.4 system, do not hesitate to file a bug report.

Cheers,

Philippe