[asterisk-users] unload zaptel if asterisk is not running (or crashes)

Paul Belanger pabelanger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:41:51 CDT 2008

Greeting list,

We have setup 4 Lineside T1s using a 2 Digium T210P and a Norstar PBX,
everything is working great.

We have setup a hunt group to ring the ports in the following order,
card 1 port 1, card 1 port 2, card 2 port 1, card 2 port 2.  And
because of the setting on the PBX, all calls into the hunt group will
start at card 1, port 1 and forward to the next channel on the port if
it is busy.

What we are hoping to do, is if asterisk is down (because somebody
stopped it, or it crashed) is to turn down the zaptel ports on the
card, so they look busy to the PBX.   So far the only way I can see
doing this is stopping zaptel.

Am missing something from the zaptel or asterisk configurations to
have zaptel start in a busy state if asterisk is not started?

Hope the above makes sense.

PB