[asterisk-users] ast_compile_ael2: Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 932-932: Empty Extension!

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Tue Jun 3 10:18:20 CDT 2008

Steve Murphy schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 22:15 +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>> On starting Asterisk (1.4) I get a whole bunch of
>> WARNING[5858]: pbx_ael.c:4040 ast_compile_ael2: Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 932-932: Empty Extension!
>>
>> I find it a bit disturbing that this message has a level of WARNING
>> (instead of NOTICE maybe) because the extensions in question are
>> empty on purpose. The only reason they exist are the hints.
>>
>> hint(SIP/3000) 3000 => {}
>> hint(SIP/4000) 4000 => {}
>>
>> All the "real" dialplan stuff is in
>> _Z. => {
>> 	// do something ...
>> }
>>
>> Maybe the error level should be lowered so the user is not mislead
>> into thinking something was broken?
>> Or is there a way to do it which does not trigger the warnings?

> I understand your frustration.

Frustration is not the right word, I'm not frustrated.

Telling from the zero feedback from other users to my post what I
do seems to be rather uncommon. So I wanted to make sure that
a) there is no better way to do it and b) that I'm not doing
something which is considered deprecated and subject to stop
working sooner or later.

It's just that people see my dialplan causing lots of warnings so
they assume it's broken.

> So, my code prints a warning, and fills in the priority with a call
> to NoOp().
>
> Now, in the end, it doesn't matter at all what the internal
> representation is,
> or what the package is doing deep inside.
>
> So, unless users in general object, I will go ahead and just remove
> this warning. What a compiler has to do underneath to make your
> code work/palatable is not necessarily of interest to you.

Probably I could use
hint(SIP/3000) 3000 => {NoOp(make the compiler happy);}
as long as _Z. matches before the literal extension does.

Changing the warning to a notice would do for me. Removing it
is fine as well - as long as _you_ don't have any objections. :-)

Grüße,
Philipp Kempgen
--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com