[asterisk-users] Any reason to *not* use AEL? (Also, MixMonitor q)

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:26:42 CDT 2008

Does Asterisk Realtime support AEL?

Regards,

Mindaugas Kezys

http://www.kolmisoft.com

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gonzalo Servat
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:07 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Any reason to *not* use AEL? (Also, MixMonitor
q)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

AEL in 1.4 was the first version of AEL that most people consider
"stable".  Since not many people uses AEL, you won't get nearly as much
(if any) community support compared to if you are using the non-AEL syntax.

Really? Why would anyone want to write a dialplan using the old
extensions.conf syntax? That sort of syntax personally drove me nuts (and
real messy). I've got my entire dialplan on AEL (using Asterisk 1.6.0).

- Gonzalo