[asterisk-users] Help with E1s

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 2 13:46:52 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> On Monday 02 June 2008 11:11, Steve Edwards wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>>> zapata.conf (upcoming as /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf)
>>
>> Will all other channel technology configuration files be renamed to follow
>> this pattern (chan_<technology>.conf) or will DAHDI just be an anomaly?
>
> I think it was only done this way because there's a kernel-level config and an
> Asterisk config file, so this was done solely to make the name different (and
> try to avoid confusion).  I'm not necessarily opposed to changing the other
> channel drivers, though.

So would it make more sense to change the name of the kernel level conf
file instead of introducing this inconsistency and causing much gnashing
of teeth amongst the users opposed to any change?

Not that I get to, but I'd vote for /etc/dahdi-kernel.conf and
/etc/asterisk/dahdi.conf. But then, I would have voted against DAHDI in
the first place :)

Thanks in advance,