[asterisk-users] re-distributing E1

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Jul 30 08:35:50 CDT 2008

Yes you should be able to do that with an E-1 (it's called "DACS").
HOWEVER, you can't do DACS on a PRI, as you would need the D-Channel
replicated and you can't do that.

If you just want Asterisk to provide PRIs to your users, then that's a
different story.

Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Before trying something impossible, and making a fool of my self, i
> rather ask the list...
>

> At my work i've got a single E1-test line, and all the project-leaders
> are constantly fighting over the use of the line.
> As it is mere the fact that they just need the E1 as a line, but not the
> amount of traffic, and the fact that they only needs it for several
> weeks or months, it is not worthwhile ordereing another line (for
> them....)
>
> Can i redistribute the traffic of a single E1 transparantly over several
> other E1's? Was thinking about purchasing one or two quad E1 cards,
> andmapping incoming calls on cannel 1-5 to the first slave-E1, 6-10 to
> the second slave-E1 and so on... Just re-mapping B-channels.
>
> Most critical part is, that "they" should not see the difference between
> the original E1-line and the redistributed one's (besides the fact that
> their E1 will never be completely be filled)
>
> Is their any problem to expect with signaling (fco/fcx),
> timing and so on...
>
> Finally, i presume i need a couple of modem-pairs incase the line-length
> gets too long, not?
>

> hw

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.