[asterisk-users] re-distributing E1

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Jul 30 08:19:27 CDT 2008

Before trying something impossible, and making a fool of my self, i
rather ask the list...

At my work i've got a single E1-test line, and all the project-leaders
are constantly fighting over the use of the line.
As it is mere the fact that they just need the E1 as a line, but not the
amount of traffic, and the fact that they only needs it for several
weeks or months, it is not worthwhile ordereing another line (for
them....)

Can i redistribute the traffic of a single E1 transparantly over several
other E1's? Was thinking about purchasing one or two quad E1 cards,
andmapping incoming calls on cannel 1-5 to the first slave-E1, 6-10 to
the second slave-E1 and so on... Just re-mapping B-channels.

Most critical part is, that "they" should not see the difference between
the original E1-line and the redistributed one's (besides the fact that
their E1 will never be completely be filled)

Is their any problem to expect with signaling (fco/fcx),
timing and so on...

Finally, i presume i need a couple of modem-pairs incase the line-length
gets too long, not?

hw