[asterisk-users] TDM400P FXO not seeing ringing after software update

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 14:44:55 CDT 2008

In article <488E0923.3050700 at oanda.com>, Drew Gibson <drew at oanda.com> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > A customer has an Asterisk box with two TDM400P cards, running A at H 2.8,
> > which has Asterisk 1.2.7.1 and Zaptel 1.2.5. This has been running ok
> > for a while, with only some small issues. They have FXO ports going
> > to analogue POTS (UK standard) lines, and SIP phones for extensions.
> >
> > I just tried updating Zaptel to 1.2.26 and Asterisk to 1.2.30.1, and
> > although the update appeared to go ok, the system would no longer
> > detect incoming calls. It appeared not to see the ringing signal.
> > Outgoing calls over the PSTN lines still worked fine.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there have been changes in the 1.2 series that
> > affects ring detection on the TDM400P FXO ports? Any critical settings
> > in zaptel.conf or zapata.conf?
> >
> > For now, I've had to revert to the original versions, in which ringing
> > once again works fine.
>
> YES!
>
> I have a 4xFXO board in Singapore. Having tried many various settings,
> etc., I had assumed it was the I18N of the ringtones and signalling.
>
> Does anyone know at which rev the issue appeared?

I've looked through all the revisions in svn.digium.com, comparing the
tag revisions with the history of wctdm.c in zaptel/branches/1.2

My guess is that 1.2.24 will work, which was at revision 3842 of the tree
(rev 3741 of wctdm.c). The next change to wctdm.c (rev 4126) looks innocuous
enough, but the follwing two (revs 4128 and 4132) look likely culprits,
from looking at the areas of code that they affect.

I can't test the affected system until tomorrow, but installing 1.2.24 is
the very first thing that I will try.

After that, it is narrowing down which specific change causes the problem,
but that will be more tricky to schedule, as this is a production system.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield