[asterisk-users] Callcentric Issues

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Jul 28 11:47:14 CDT 2008

emist wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a few dids with callcentric. They seem to work fine most of the
> time but at some points I get "handle_request_invite: Failed
> to authenticate user <sip:PSTNnumber"
>
> This happens intermittently.
>
> The way I understand it the insecure=port,invite should tell asterisk
> not to authenticate users coming from that host. But its not working for
> some reason.
>
> This is my sip.conf entry for callcentric.
>
> [callcentric-id]
> type=friend
> context=incoming
> host=callcentric.com
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> fromuser=my_callcentric_user
> fromdomain=callcentric.com
> secret=my_callcentric_pw
> insecure=port,invite
> qualify=no
> srvlookup=yes
>
> Those of you that use callcentric have you experienced this issue and if
> so how did you solve it?

I had a similar problem. Inbound calls would complete about 50% of the
time. After some digging I noticed the calls were coming from an IP that
did not resolve to callcentric.com. I solved it by setting
allowguest=yes and context=guests under [general] in sip.conf and adding
my callcentric number to the guests context in extensions.conf. They
actually show this in their support documentation for asterisk. It's not
ideal, but the odds of someone other than callcentric placing a call to
my asterisk box and calling a 1777xxxxxxx phone number are pretty slim.

-Dave