[asterisk-users] Need Help Regarding Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 26 18:05:14 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 6:12 PM, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Preetish Kakkar
> <preetish.kakkar at successivesoftwares.com> wrote:
>> But how would my calls be transferred to extension phones from asterisk
>> server. Would i need to connect those phones to Digium card as well. What i
>> mean is would digium card have a main extension where i would connect main
>> pstn line and other 3 port where i would connect another phone line which
>> would be used as extension is that so??????
>
> Preetish,
>
> There are many ways to do this. The phone line(s) will need to be
> connected to FXO interfaces. You can get single units or cards to do 4
> or more lines.
>
> If you have no analog (normal) telephones that need to be used, you
> will usually want to purchase SIP phones or use software. If you do
> have analog phones, you want one FXS interface per phone to connect to
> asterisk.
>
> Once you have the hardware hooked up, asterisk will route the calls
> according to the dialplan you create.
>
> Take a look at a site like http://voipsupply.com or a more local
> equivalent if you can find one that sells this stuff. It's a good way
> to see what is currently available and get an idea of prices.
>
> /r

Personally, I would suggest something like this unless you want to do
something special.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-Strata-DK424-Phone-System-w-10-Phones-Wrrnty_W0QQitemZ120285800045QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11908QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is an Ebay/Microsoft hack/trick.  Go to Ebay, find something you
want with a reasonable buy it now price, they must also accept PayPal.
 Select "watch this item"

In a new browser, open this url http://www.live.com/  type wii (good
luck for me so far different words get different results.  In the new
window, you will see something like,

Wii- www.ebay.comLive Search cashback
Buy Wii. You may get 20% off with PayPal if eligible.

Just click on the Live Search Icon which will take you back to ebay,
now go to your watched items and click buy it now.

You should see the % discount at the bottom of the page.  I think the
limit is based on $1,000, I have seen the % discount as high as 35%
and as low as 10%.  I got a great deal on a repeater just over $1k
with 35% back so in 90 days I will get $350 back.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro