[asterisk-users] Need Help Regarding Asterisk

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:12:48 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Preetish Kakkar
<preetish.kakkar at successivesoftwares.com> wrote:
> But how would my calls be transferred to extension phones from asterisk
> server. Would i need to connect those phones to Digium card as well. What i
> mean is would digium card have a main extension where i would connect main
> pstn line and other 3 port where i would connect another phone line which
> would be used as extension is that so??????

Preetish,

There are many ways to do this. The phone line(s) will need to be
connected to FXO interfaces. You can get single units or cards to do 4
or more lines.

If you have no analog (normal) telephones that need to be used, you
will usually want to purchase SIP phones or use software. If you do
have analog phones, you want one FXS interface per phone to connect to
asterisk.

Once you have the hardware hooked up, asterisk will route the calls
according to the dialplan you create.

Take a look at a site like http://voipsupply.com or a more local
equivalent if you can find one that sells this stuff. It's a good way
to see what is currently available and get an idea of prices.

/r