[asterisk-users] Cisco vs Asterisk

Al lists asteriskal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:14:57 CDT 2008

I agree, No manager gets fired even if a Cisco Call Manager goes south.
that's not the case with Asterisk.
With limited experience that i have with both, i hit more bugs using
Asterisk than a CCM, but this is not relevant to your final answer.
If you can afford CCM, and you can live with less flexibility and features,
i would choose Cisco.
If you prefer to have cheaper solution and more features and flexibility,
Asterisk is good.
With Cisco, everything is cisco, handsets are designed for Cisco, it
connects to Exchange much more in depth than even microsoft response point.
unlike Asterisk, unfortunately exchange integration is not something you may
get in close future and that can be a deal breaker for some companies, but
you dont pay per seat license.
and so on.