[asterisk-users] Realtime + SIP + MySQL: md5secret BROKEN

Walter Stanish walter at occidentsystems.com
Thu Jul 24 12:32:22 CDT 2008

>> If someone could sort out this bug (or let me know if I'm missing
>> something 'obvious' - a hard call with realtime documentation this
>> sparse...) I'd be most grateful, since we require md5secret support
>> to integrate with our existing users database.
>
> Welcome to Asterisk!
>
> It's highly unlikely you'll find anyone to find the bug for you unless
> someone is experiencing the same thing.

A quick google search for the issue reveals a number people have run
in to something similar before, some report 'after upgrade', others seem
to be just trying to get realtime working for the first time.

http://www.google.com/search?q=db.c+unable+to+find+key+asterisk

> There's no guarantee the bug is actually with Asterisk it could be
> with your database or somewhere in between.

This seems unlikely for the following reasons.

 1. I can trigger the same SQL queries via the console via "realtime
    load sippeers username walter" and they return data fine.

 2. I have tried upgrading asterisk to root SQL access, with no
     difference in asterisk's behaviour.

 3. The bug is reliably controlled by the presence of the single
     column 'md5secret'

> That's not to say it's not with Asterisk but there are a
> lot of people using realtime with MySQL so if it was a galring bug it
> would have been seen and logged already.

Could I see a show of hands for who's using asterisk realtime with
mysel and md5secret?  If you could post your asterisk /
asterisk-addons / mysql versions too that'd be great.  I don't mind
changing all three of these if someone's found a stable combination.

> If you do manage to track down the bug it will generally at lest get a
> response in a short amount of time once it's on the bug tracker.

I'm happy to post the current material to the bug tracker if it's
considered enough information for a report.

Regards,
Walter Stanish
Owner / Director
Occident Systems