[asterisk-users] Realtime + SIP + MySQL: md5secret BROKEN

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:21:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Walter Stanish
<walter at occidentsystems.com> wrote:
> If someone could sort out this bug (or let me know if I'm missing
> something 'obvious' - a hard call with realtime documentation this
> sparse...) I'd be most grateful, since we require md5secret support
> to integrate with our existing users database.

Welcome to Asterisk!

It's highly unlikely you'll find anyone to find the bug for you unless
someone is experiencing the same thing. There's no guarantee the bug
is actually with Asterisk it could be with your database or somewhere
in between. That's not to say it's not with Asterisk but there are a
lot of people using realtime with MySQL so if it was a galring bug it
would have been seen and logged already.

If you do manage to track down the bug it will generally at lest get a
response in a short amount of time once it's on the bug tracker.

Regards,

Greyman.