[asterisk-users] CallerId show with IP address appended

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Thu Jul 24 10:45:26 CDT 2008

Hello,
Asterisk 1.4.21.1
Well it seems like my month for questions.  I have a situation where the
CallerID num shows as 16035551212 at 192.168.1.1(the ip of the asterisk
box) on calls to any of the internal phones.   This prevents the
ability to dial out from the missed call list.  I have not been able to
find out why this is happing.  To further confuse the issue when i
register and extension to the public IP from outside the firewall I get
only 16035551212 as the clid.  I have several NoOps in the dial plan and
they all show the clid as 16035551212, which is also what is in the cdr,
but when it gets to the Polycom it has the IP appended. The phones are
all polycoms but have also tested with x-lite and it gets the ip
appended also.
Any pointers as to where to look?

JohnM