[asterisk-users] Implementing an Asterisk Server behinda MeridianNorstar

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Wed Jul 23 23:23:34 CDT 2008

> Well, I am not sure what is needed to interface between the
> two. I hoped there was something you could use and from the

Joseph,
Now I'm pretty sure we are not talking about the same things. Let me see if
I have the correct picture in my head. I now think you have a Norstar in one
office and an asterisk system in another office and want to allow them to
send calls between them. Is this correct?

> Do they make phones with a gig switch in them? I am told
> there are phones with 100meg switches in them?

The new Polycom 670 has a gig interface but at this point I'm not sure why
you need that. Are you thinking that if the Norstar phones and lines can't
be used, that you would need the phone to have a switch to share the
Ethernet connection? Sorry for the confusion but I just want to make sure I
know what you need before making a recommendation.

John