[asterisk-users] Connect Asterisk PBX to Traditional PBX and retain functionality

Paul Hales pdhales at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 23 22:25:38 CDT 2008

Ricardo Melendez wrote:

> Hi to All, I have a PBX (MAINPBX) from a Telecomm Provider, which have
> the feature to transfer calls (Incoming call -> Answer -> FLASH ->
> Dial Number to transfer -> Answer -> FLASH+4) and the call is
> transferred, but I have the need to implement an internal ACD using
> Asterisk as the PBX, the trunks connected to my Asterisk FXO ports are
> Extensions of my MAINPBX (ex., 5437, 5440 etc), all features work
> fine, but I have the need to make asterisk act as a normal telephone
> when transferring calls, I need to release the line (FXO port in my
> Asterisk) and make the transfer via the MAINPBX feature.
>
> Otherwise I will use 2 lines of my Asterisk PBX to make the transfer
> and it reduce the incoming lines available for my ACD.
>
> It’s possible send the commands FLASH, FLASH+4 using the incoming line
> to my MAINPBX via Asterisk like a normal telephone?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>

> Ricardo Melendez

I have used the FLASH command in Asterisk to generate flashes...is that
what you are asking?

later,

PaulH

Asterisk says:

*CLI> show application Flash

-= Info about application 'Flash' =-

[Synopsis]
Flashes a Zap Trunk

[Description]
Performs a flash on a zap trunk. This can be used
to access features provided on an incoming analogue circuit
such as conference and call waiting. Use with SendDTMF() to
perform external transfers