[asterisk-users] sometimes extensions can't be called

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 17:07:35 CDT 2008

Hi Nhadie -

> Could it be my problem is since i'm using 2 asterisk, if an extensions
> registers on asterisk#1 it will not be reachable by extensions on
> asterisk#2? or it should not matter if i'm using realtime?

It does not matter that you're using realtime.  If a phone registers
to asterisk server #1, and another phone registers to asterisk server
#2 they will not be able to contact each other unless the asterisk
servers are correctly configured in a dundi cluster, of if you have
explicitly configured sip or iax connections between the servers.

I would suggest that you leave your configuration as is, but change
the dns records for your asterisk servers to SRV records with
different priority values.  This will prevent phones from registering
to both servers at once.  The phones will only register to the
asterisk server with the lowest available priority value.  Note: this
type of setup will act as an active-passive failover cluster.

If you want an active-active load balancing cluster, you should look
at using dundi.

- Noah

coz this is