[asterisk-users] Voicemail email to alternative ports...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Jul 22 13:58:42 CDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Carlos Chavez wrote:

> 	The main DSL provider in Mexico is no blocking access to port 25 so the
> email notification for voicemail is stuck in the server.
>
> 	I suppose that I have to change the sendmail configuration so it can
> send email to an alternative port but I wanted to ckeck first if there
> is an option to do it from the voicemail.conf file.

Asterisk seems to call a local sendmail running on the host that asterisk
is running on, so you need to get that incanation of sendmail (or whatever
sendmail look-a-like you're using) to relay the email using a different
port.

However, why don't you get the local sendmail to simply relay outgoing
email via the ISPs mailservers than get it to send email directly? That's
what you probably ought to be doing anyway.

This is an m4 sendmail.mc template you might want to use:

divert(-1)
divert(0)dnl
OSTYPE(linux)
FEATURE(nullclient, RELAY_HOST)
MASQUERADE_AS(MASQ_HOST)

Substitute RELAY_HOST for your ISPs email server (smtp.telecomabmex.com ?)
and MASQ_HOST for your local domain (maybe just telecomabmex.com)

Gordon