[asterisk-users] Vitelity dtmfmode=rfc2833 started working!

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Tue Jul 22 11:23:39 CDT 2008

Hi,

Last week my outbound (dtmfmode=inband) DTMF via Vitelity started acting
more weird than usual, and for outbound calls, incoming DTMF tones would
consistenly get stuck, breaking a call screen macro I had set up.

I checked "sip show peer" and saw that Vitelity for inbound was
now reporting "DTMFmode : rfc2833" (it didn't used to), so switched
my ountbound dtmfmode to rfc2833 and my problems went away! Yay!

It looks like Vitelity now supports rfc2833 on SIP channels.

I thought others might be interested in knowing this, as at least in my
case it broke things until I changed my settings, and I see this has been
a prior source of frustration for many others.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)
voice: 215-591-3695