[asterisk-users] Beginner Questions part II

John Koenig koenigjm at acalledshot.net
Sat Jul 19 09:54:06 CDT 2008

I should start with a thank you to the list for helping me getting up
and running with Asterisk about a week ago.  I have been happily
fiddling with Asterisk since then :).

I am working on adding a couple features to my dialplan.  My setup
involves my asterisk box connecting to another third party sip
provider.  I configured the extra trunk and there are no issues passing
calls through their systems.  As it stands right now, I setup a calling
rule that matches the pattern 9-XXX-XXX-XXXX, stripes off the 9, and
then passes the call through to the third party.  I would like to just
dial XXX-XXX-XXXX without having to dial the extra 9.  Is there a way
that I can configure asterisk so that I check to see if the extension
exists on my box first, if it does then pickup and if it doesn't then
forward the call onto the third party?  If so, how?

The other feature I am looking to add is *67 caller id blocking.  Am I
right in thinking that I first would configure an incoming call rule
that matches to *67-<whatever> and then pass unknown as the caller id
from there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Even if it is just pointing me in the
right direction in regards to reading material.

Thanks,

John