[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 transfer feature

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:18:13 CDT 2008

Adam,

We have the exact same issue occurring on one of our networks. I haven't had
time to dive into it much, but here is what I've found out:

Calling from a softphone via IAX2 or SIP, transfers work fine.
Calling from a Polycom 501 outside the network, transfers work fine.
However, the Polycom I used to test outside the network was a Rev. E, the
ones inside the network are Rev. C's, so I'm not sure this is a valid test.

The configs that these phones are using are identical to the configs used by
our other networks, and transfers work fine elsewhere. I haven't had time to
put a Rev. E inside the network and test that, but that's my next step.
Beyond that, it would have to be something with regards to DNS, routing and
how the re-invite works (although the Asterisk full log shows no mention of
that type of problem).

If you find more details or get anywhere close to a resolution, please post
back and let us know.

Alex

--
Alex Robar