[asterisk-users] Beginner Issues

John Koenig koenigjm at acalledshot.net
Tue Jul 15 18:47:19 CDT 2008

I am new to asterisk, and I am having some troubles.

I have a fresh copy of asterisk, libpri, zaptel, asterisk-addons, and
asterisk-gui installed on centos (I built everything using ./configure,
make, make install, make samples).  I connected to the GUI interface and
created two new users.   I used the two users accounts to connect up a
couple of IP phones for testing.  The phones connect to the server just
fine, and I can even place a phone call to the other phone.  However, I
cannot hear anything on the dialed phone.  The only thing I am able to
hear is my own voice looping back to the phone I place the call from.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?

John Koenig