[asterisk-users] ASTERISK/ENSWITCH ON EC2

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Tue Jul 15 16:14:25 CDT 2008

On Jul 11, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Robert McNaught wrote:

> Has anyone deployed a hosted environment like enswitch using EC2?  I
> was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on concerns on the
> feasibility in doing this using cloud computing?
>
> For setting up a VoIP service provider and not having the headache of
> dealing with the hassle and expenses of hardware, racks, cages etc, it
> looks pretty attractive.
>
> Any thoughts?

If you are setting up a VoIP service provider, I would be concerned
about the service uptime using the EC2 cluster, it is after all still
in beta and had a number of outages over the past year.

Have you considered other hosting solutions?  There are a number of
high quality hosting offerings, that offer 24/7 phone support, without
requiring any long term contracts.

--
Eric Chamberlain
Founder