[asterisk-users] US T1 Hangup Detection (Resolved)

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Tue Jul 15 14:21:39 CDT 2008

On Jul 11, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:

> I may have figured out the problem this morning, but I won't be able
> to test for a few days (again, aggravating that the only T1 line I
> have to test with is the live one).  I noticed this morning while
> telneted into the Adtran that when I hangup on our normal incoming
> lines the Receive A bit toggles.  I then noticed that two of the lines
> do NOT toggle the RA bit during hangup.  These happen to the be last
> two lines in the rotary so I would not normally get incoming calls and
> complaints on them.  They also happen to be the lines I was using to
> do my testing with. Grrr.

Just to close out this thread for anybody interested, last night I
hooked up the T1 line again and verified that this was indeed the
problem.  Out of the 12 lines in use on the T1, 4 of them do not
provide the disconnect supervision.  So I have called and updated my
trouble ticket to include all 4 of those channels.  Thanks again
everybody for the suggestions and bits of information that helped me
track down this problem.

Daniel