[asterisk-users] zap not getting callerid any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jul 15 07:07:26 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 10:22 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have a wildcard 100 xp on my pots line and all was working just fine
> up until a few days ago when all of a sudden it stopped receiving caller
> id on incoming calls.  I know caller id is being presented on the line
> as the analog set on the same line always gets it.
> rxgain=10.9
> txgain=0.0

To add more information, I tried setting my rxgain back to 0.0 and CID
now seems more reliable.  So again I went through the process of setting
rxgain using a milliwatt number (not at all local however as I can't
find one near me) and ztmonitor and had to adjust it down by 4 points to
10.5 to get it close to the magical 14844.  CID was again, 100%
unreliable.

One thing I have noticed is that in the cases where the wildcard cannot
determine the CID (i.e. because the rxgain is up around 10.5), I get
this in my asterisk console:

[Jul 15 08:04:09] NOTICE[26696]: chan_zap.c:6670 ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...

And indeed, Asterisk seems to take longer to pass the call to the
destination extensions, exactly as if it's struggling to get the CID on
the analog line.

Does that message from Asterisk mean anything to anyone?

b.