[asterisk-users] Asterisk unable to register to tnet.it

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Tue Jul 15 03:27:56 CDT 2008

Hi Marino,

1) yes I can connect using the account
2) no, I'm running zoiper on a different machine. I'm using an Asterisk
server which is not behind nat as for the machine zoiper is runnin' on.
The Asterisk server is directly connected to internet, I wanted to avoid
nat problems, that's why.
Moreover I tried to create a simpler account on my zoiper using
username, password and domain name only and it works even without
setting  the sip proxy.
I changed the Asterisk server too: now I'm using a test one where I can
ping tnet.it from... but nothing changes.
I'm using this string:
register => 0442410280:provapolika:0442410280 at tnet.it/0442410280
I changed it in many other forms following the wiki pages but nothing.
I see sip packets are sent to tnet.it (I set up sip debug) but I always
get this message:

Jul 15 10:06:39 NOTICE[3281]: chan_sip.c:5495 sip_reg_timeout:    --
Registration for 'XXXXXXXXXX at tnet.it' timed out, trying again (Attempt #1)

I wonder why I had no problems with the other provider we are using
while tnet.it is making me get crazy....

Thank you.

Giorgio