[asterisk-users] Sipura 3000 replacement ---> SPA3102 how reliable is it?

Andrew Latham lathama at lathama.com
Mon Jul 14 14:23:38 CDT 2008

It sounds to me like you have a improperly bonded ground.  This is
common in larger industrial build outs.  I have seen this many times.

Verify that the Demarc is only grounded to its rod and the house is
grounded to another rod.  Measure the energy from ground rod to each
other and to the water supply to see if the is a water ground in the
home.  Most electricians do a good job and mean well but lack the
knowledge of what some of this equipment is doing (FXS ATA for
example).  A UPS is only good for stopping brownouts which can ruin or
worse physically harm CMOS chips (think hard disk controller drawing
power from the case in small arcs...).  And as I have found don't
assume you know what is happening, I have discovered a lot by
following the wrong trail toward fixing items...