[asterisk-users] Poor audio quality with TDM400 card

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:52:57 CDT 2008

Hi Leotis -

> Now that you mention that, i didnt even know there was a gsm bug. I am using
> asterisk 1.4.21.1, i visited the link you gave. I am guessing i will have to
> patch my asterisk installation, i am reading, the bug report to see,how i
> can verify that i have the gsm bug.

Well, if you have gcc version 4.2.x (you can check with "gcc -v")
there's a good chance this is the problem.

> If i do have the gsm bug,how can i fix
> it.

You won't need to patch asterisk.  The bug is actually in GCC.  You
have two options: 1) compile with GCC 4.1 instead of 4.2, or 2)
compile with the "DONT_OPTIMIZE" flag.

I'd probably pick option 1, but it may just be easier to use option 2
depending on what gcc packages are available for your system.

- Noah