[asterisk-users] Poor audio quality with TDM400 card

Leotis buchanan leotisbuchanan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:15:16 CDT 2008

Hi Noah,

Now that you mention that, i didnt even know there was a gsm bug. I am using
asterisk 1.4.21.1, i visited the link you gave. I am guessing i will have to
patch my asterisk installation, i am reading, the bug report to see,how i
can verify that i have the gsm bug.If i do have the gsm bug,how can i fix
it.
Thanks

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Leotis -
>
> > When i run fxotune -i i get the following output:
> >
> > sudo fxotune -i
> > Tuning module /dev/zap/1
> > Done!
> > /dev/zap/2 absent: No such device or address
> > /dev/zap/3 absent: No such device or address
> > /dev/zap/4 absent: No such device or address
> > /dev/zap/5 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/6 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/7 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/8 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/9 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/10 absent: No such file or directory
> > /dev/zap/11 absent: No such file or directory
> >
> > is this the expected output ?
>
> Yes, if you only have one Zap channel configured.
>
> If you specifically have problems playing back gsm files, make sure
> you're not dealing with the gsm playback bug.  Basically, if you
> compiled with the default options using GCC 4.2, gsm transcoding may
> be distorted. See here:
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11243
>

> - Noah

Leotis Buchanan
Manager/Electronic Design Systems Engineer
Exterbox.com