[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind NAT, Polycom behind NAT (SIP), how to work?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Jul 14 12:24:26 CDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I succeeded to have a success call from Polycom behind NAT while
> Asterisk has public IP address, but I was not able to have a succeed
> call (it was established, but no voice running, and then the call
> disconnected) if Asterisk behind NAT and Polycom behind NAT.
>
> When Asterisk behind NAT and Polycom behind NAT, I forwarded the 5060
> UDP to asterisk (at asterisk router) and to Polycom IP Phone at polycomg
> router site, but the problem stayed. Also I was use nat=yes in the
> sip.conf
>
> Also I forwarded the udp rtp ports (that configured in rtp.conf) to the
> asterisk IP address, and did not succeed.
>
> What else I have to do? Any advise? Regards Bilal

Did you set

   localnet=
and
   externip=

in sip.conf too?

(See the voip-wiki for their meanings and what to put in there)

I don't know poloycoms, but I'd suggest not having any port-forwarding at
the phone end and get the phones to use a STUN server if they can. Only
put port-forwarding at the asterisk side.

Gordon