[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind NAT, Polycom behind NAT (SIP), how to work?

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 11:42:22 CDT 2008

Hi All;

I succeeded to have a success call from Polycom behind NAT while Asterisk has public IP address, but I was not able to have a succeed call (it was established, but no voice running, and then the call disconnected) if Asterisk behind NAT and Polycom behind NAT.

When Asterisk behind NAT and Polycom behind NAT, I forwarded the 5060 UDP to asterisk (at asterisk router) and to Polycom IP Phone at polycomg router site, but the problem stayed. Also I was use nat=yes in the sip.conf

Also I forwarded the udp rtp ports (that configured in rtp.conf) to the asterisk IP address, and did not succeed.

What else I have to do?
Any advise?
Regards
Bilal