[asterisk-users] MagicJack and Skype call quality

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Sat Jul 12 09:40:50 CDT 2008

My understanding is Skype's secret is using the iLBC codec, which Cisco
has also licensed for their 79X2 models as well.  I travel and lot and
in places where Yahoo Phone Out or MSN Phone or Cisco IP Communicator
will fail the Skype client will work.  The iLBC codec can really handle
packet loss.

Skype High Quality Video with the Logitech Orbit AF on both ends is
awesome. I got my family a set for Fathers day. Just amazing video
quality. Uses a On2 VP-7 codec that has much lower cpu and other
benefits over h.264.