[asterisk-users] Recharge Dial Limit....?

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 18:12:58 CDT 2008

Here's an interesting challange.

I need to implement a calling card application, where I call the Dial() command and pass it (L)imit information. Nothing difficult about that. Except it is a requirement that rather than ending the call when the limit is reached, the user gets the option to recharge their account. Now, since the dial() command will just end the call when the limit has been reached, how could I possibly do this?

The only way I can think of is to have another system send Asterisk a SIP reinvite before the call ends, and direct the media somewhere else so that we can drop into a new IVR and let them top off their account. A reinvite would have to go to the remote party too, so that they could listen to music on hold while the caller was topping off their account.

It just occurred to me that this may not work. The (L)imit information passed to the Dial application has not changed. The Dial() application would still end the call.

Ideas?

Doug.