[asterisk-users] Simple Call Screener

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Fri Jul 11 08:26:34 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:38 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:54 -0400, Ryan M. Colbert wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a simple accept/reject screening app for inbound
> > calls that * forwards to my cell phone.  Basically I want * to
> > announce the caller ID and then let me press 1 to accept the call or 2
> > to reject the call and send the outside party to voicemail.
>
> While you can certainly do it by using a dial macro, a simpler method is
> to check out the "p" and "P" options to the Dial() application.

Yes, a couple years back, I added quite a bit of code to Dial()
to support several forms of call screening. See the docs for
Dial (core show application dial) for the P and p options, with
modifiers N and n. You can use the astdb features to remember
your choices for callers based on cid and record and store announcements
that you can use from the dialplan to announce calls based on callerid.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer