[asterisk-users] Zap Bridged Calls do not continue dialplan

Kevin Leinenweaver darkesthour111 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:24:25 CDT 2008

Hello all!
I'm having problem with the calls that come through my asterisk box
and back out to our legacy pbx, it seems to be that even if the call
is ringing and not picked up yet, zap reports the line as answered,
why is it doing that?
Also it wont stay connected for the correct amount of rings, wont
continue the dialplan after zap makes it hangup. The same thing
happens if the line is busy from dialing the legacy pbx.

i've been trying to get help on the forums, but i mostly just get to
help myself, mabye one of you smart gentlemen can shed some light on
my problem, thanks!

Here is the forum post

Now i;ve got a seperate problem, im so close to being done!

When a user in our auto attendant calls through to an extension it
gets routed out the zap channels, thats the working part, but if a
call is busy, it will just hang up and not continue with the dial
plan. Is there any reason it is doing this?

here is the excerpt from the console(set to vvvv)
-- Executing [s at default:1] Goto("Zap/2-1", "voicemenu-custom-1|s|1")
in new stack
-- Goto (voicemenu-custom-1,s,1)
-- Executing [s at voicemenu-custom-1:1] Answer("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s at voicemenu-custom-1:2] BackGround("Zap/2-1",
"record/afternoon") in new stack
-- <Zap/2-1> Playing 'record/afternoon' (language 'en')
== CDR updated on Zap/2-1
-- Executing [205 at voicemenu-custom-1:1] Dial("Zap/2-1", "Zap/g1/205")
in new stack
-- Called g1/205
-- Zap/1-1 answered Zap/2-1
-- Native bridging Zap/2-1 and Zap/1-1
-- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
== Spawn extension (voicemenu-custom-1, 205, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/2-1'
-- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

Here is the excerpt from extensions.conf
[default]
exten=s,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1|s|1)
exten=299,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1|s|1)
exten=300,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-2|s|1)
exten=200,1,Dial(Zap/g1/200)
exten=205,1,Dial(Zap/g1/205)
exten=205,2,VoiceMail(u205)
exten=777,1,VoiceMailMain
exten=380,1,VoiceMail(u380)
exten=301,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-3|s|1)

here is the voicemenu-custom-1
comment=AutoAttendMain
alias_exten=299
include=default
exten=s,1,Answer
exten=s,2,Background(record/afternoon)
exten=s,3,Wait(20)
exten=s,4,Playback(goodbye)
exten=s,6,Hangup
exten=0,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-2|s|1)
exten=1,1,Goto(default|380|1)
exten=3,1,Goto(default|381|1)
exten=4,1,Goto(default|382|1)
exten=5,1,Goto(default|383|1)
exten=6,1,Goto(default|384|1)
exten=7,1,Goto(voicemenu-custom-3|s|1)
exten=*,1,Goto(default|298|1)
exten=#,1,Goto(default|777|1)

and here is my zapata.conf

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ls
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=10
txgain=0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
busydetect=yes
busycount=4
callprogress=yes
pulsedial=yes

I appreciate the help!

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 23:24
it seems to have to do with the busydetect=yes
it detects it but just hangs up.

Is there a way to tell it to just stop the call and continue with the dialplan?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 14:1
Some more info i have theorized, it seems that since the other channel
"answers" even though it is dialing out and only ringing(or busy or
whatever), it thinks that the call was picked up.

I might be able to work around this with call confirmation. i'm gonna
try that today, is there any way to do a call confirmation by just
detecting if there is a voice on the other end?

Also, the calls even while normal ringing time out to fast, i cant
seem to find that setting, where might it be globally?