[asterisk-users] Diagnosing dropped calls...

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jul 10 19:55:11 CDT 2008

Try dropping the IAX2 and only use SIP.  Don't ask "why?"  Just give it a
try and see if things improve for you.

Also when you assume, you make and "ass" out of you and "me" (just a little
joke, get it? ass-u-me.)

You could be hitting an overloaded router or whatever along the way, 10mbs
fiber does not mean low latency or lost packets.

Seriously though, if your business lives and dies by the phone system, get
T1 with SIP from your provider directly (point to point) with G729 or just
get a real ISDN or POTS lines.

And then you will still have "dropped" calls depending on your volume and
how vocal your users are.  Usually, once they perceive a problem, then even
if the other side of the call is on a cell and the cell drops the call, you
will get a complaint.  The only way to track those down are on a case by
case basis with ANI II codes 61-63
http://www.nanpa.com/number_resource_info/ani_ii_assignments.html

Thanks,
Steve Totaro