[asterisk-users] transfers only work when voicemail enabled

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Jul 9 09:22:41 CDT 2008

Bart Coninckx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when enabling blind and attended transfers in features.conf, these only seem
> to work when I enable voicemail for a particular user. How can this be? Can I
> have transferrring without voicemail?
>
> Using Asterisk 1.4 by the way.
>

> Thank you!
>

> Bart

I think some clarification is necessary here. What do you mean by "enable
voicemail?" Do you mean that you add a Voicemail() application call to the
Dialplan? I don't see how that could make a difference regarding whether
transfers are allowed.

Transferring should be allowable just by adding either the 't' or 'T' flags to
the options for Dial().

Mark Michelson