[asterisk-users] Simple call accept test

Shehzad Pankhawala shehzad.pankhawala at ecosmob.com
Wed Jul 9 03:30:37 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to write a script to test my asterisk server at predefined intervals.

The script will make a call to asterisk server. For that the extension is
defined which will answer the call wait for a second and then hangup. If
asterisk server receives the call successfully then it will re-execute after
some predefined time.
But when Asterisk fail to answer that call then, (like busy or unavailable
or some error in server) then the script will notify me on my mail and/or it
will restart the asterisk service.

Any body please help me what should i do, which command line tool is
available.
If any body has written the some similar script the please reply. Currently
i am studying SIPp but It is very complex. if some body has made the same
script with SIPp command then kindly reply.

thanks,
Shehzad Pankhawala