[asterisk-users] US T1 Hangup Detection

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Tue Jul 8 13:13:02 CDT 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> The Flex-grows I've seen were indeed T1, ESF as I recall the lights on
> the Adit 600 they terminated them into.
>
> Daniel: did Verizontal supply you with a shelf?  Or just the
> smartjack?

Uhhh... :)  I have in my server room these things:

D-Marc that terminates the 25-pair "analog" line coming in (this does
not just contain our lines as I can tap into other peoples lines and
hear there conversations, love security).
Next to that is a box with 4 slots for "T1" cards, we used to have a
T1 internet connection and its card is still in there. Slot 2 has the
flex-grow T1 card in it.

One of the pairs from the D-Marc goes into this T1 card and it
provides a RJ-45 connection for the T1 line that runs either to the
Adtran or to our Digium T1 card.

I hope that answers the question, as I am not entirely sure what a
shelf or smartjack are.  Though I will feel really stupid if you say a
shelf is something you store stuff on.

I will be calling Verizon this afternoon to try and get some
information on our line. Hopefully I will get somebody that knows what
they are talking about (and what I am talking about) as I am going to
ask about "everything I need to know to hook this up to our new
digital PBX". (esf, b8zs, loop start, ground start, kewl start,
forward disconnect, etc.)  I'm hoping that will at least give me
enough information to make some headway and maybe one of you guys
enough information to tell me what I am doing wrong (or heaven forbid
what Verizon is doing wrong) :).

I'll post again after I get something from them.
Thanks again,
Daniel