[asterisk-users] Asterisk STILL loosing IAX user's registration

asterisk at mazone.info asterisk at mazone.info
Tue Jul 8 07:47:23 CDT 2008

Asterisk 1.4.21.1 built by asterisk @ lnxca
Fedora 7

Well, I did the upgrade from version 1.4.16.2 to 1.4.21.1, activated the
qualify for iax users, and Asterisk is still loosing the iax user's
registration. Once again this is really wired because no configurations
changes have been done to the system, the only change was a reinstallation
of asterisk with user "asterisk" instead of "root"

Is there a particular directory of file permission that could be missing ?

Once I compiled asterisk with user root I issue the following commands

make clean
./configure --prefix=$HOME/asterisk-bin --sysconfdir=$HOME/asterisk-bin
--localstatedir=$HOME/asterisk-bin
make menuselect
make install

and create some symbolic links...

ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/sbin/asterisk /usr/sbin/asterisk
ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/sbin/safe_asterisk /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk

safe_asterisk edited like this ...

ASTARGS="-U asterisk"

And more symbolic links...

ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/asterisk /etc/asterisk
ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/lib/asterisk /var/lib/asterisk
ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/spool/asterisk /var/spool/asterisk
ln -s /opt/asterisk/asterisk-bin/log/asterisk /var/log/asterisk

everything was OK for compilation/installation, and so far this IAX problem
is the only problem I've found, I'm not able to determine if with SIP users
happens the same way because I only have 1 sip client.

It's really annoying to dial 3-4 times a particular extension to finally get
it ringing.

Thanks in advance, any help is really really appreciated.