[asterisk-users] Help with sip configuration

Joseph Jacobson jacobson at pobox.com
Mon Jul 7 17:50:25 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Asterisk as an outgoing SIP dial tester. There will
be no phones connected to this installation, and I don't need to
process incoming calls.  I just need to dial a number, have the person
acknowledge the call, and log that fact.  (Basically an automated soft
phone).  I found some info on how to do this here:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out.

My company already has a functioning SIP/VOIP gateway.  I can configure
soft-phones to talk it and make calls, so I know my credentials are good.
I've configured Asterisk to registers to this SIP server.  That appears to be
working ok, a "sip show registry" shows the registry.

I've tried dropping call files into the outgoing directory, but asterisk
appears to ignore them.  I'm guessing my problem is that I haven't properly
configured "extensions.conf" to dial thru the SIP provider.  (Or haven't
properly defined the provider in "sip.conf".

I'm using Asterisk version 1.4.21, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1.  I'm
trying to use the minimal configuration possible, so I'm not using the sample
configuration files.  Configuration files follow.

Any ideas?

Joe

========================sip.conf===========================
[general]

context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
allowguest=no
allowsubscribe=no
allowtransfers=no
allowsauthreject=yes
defaultexpiry=1200
dumphistory=yes
registerattempts=3
registertimeout=30
sipdebug=yes

register => user1:password at example.com

[user1]
type=friend
host=sip.example.com
fromuser=user1
fromdomain=example.com
secret=password
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
insecure=invite
========================extensions.conf====================

[globals]

[general]
;autofallthrough=yes

[default]
exten => s,1,Verbose(1|Unrouted call handler)
exten => s,n,Answer()
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

[incoming_calls]

[internal]
exten => 500,1,Verbose(1|Echo test application)
exten => 500,n,Echo()
exten => 500,n,Hangup()

[phones]
include => internal
include => outgoing_calls

[outgoing_calls]
; Dial(technology/user[:password]@remote_host[:port][/remote_extension])
exten => _X.,1,NoOp()
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/user1/${EXTEN})

[outboundmsg1]
exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)      ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)  ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,Wait(1)
exten => s,5,Background(hello-world)    ; "play outbound msg"

                ; "Press 1 to replay or 2 to acknowledge receiving this message"
exten => s,6,Background(tt-monkeys)
exten => s,n,Noop(Waiting for input)
exten => s,n(end),WaitExten(60,)
exten => 1,1,Goto(s,5) ; replay message
exten => 2,1,Goto(msgack,s,1) ; acknowledge message
exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => t,2,Hangup

[msgack]
exten => s,1,Playback(auth-thankyou)
exten => s,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => s,3,Hangup
; at this point we might want to log the message acknowledgement somewhere
; and perhaps trigger some additional processing